Monday, March 17, 2008

We fall in love:

over cups of tea, warm in my hands and mouth.
under dark skies, and when the sun is hot and alive.
during winter, during car rides, during weddings.
with noise, with silence, with coughs and sneezes.
while I'm angry, while He's quiet.
between sleep and awake.
mid-afternoon, in the barn, on the leaf pile.
with difficulty, with questions, sometimes with ease.
when the party ends, when everyone leaves, when I'm alone.
every day, randomly, when nobodys looking.
in closets, on my bed, in the shower.
between lovers, between jobs, between addictions.
in books, on my window sill, when it snows.

2 comments:

Alok Nandan said...

you are writting beautifully. When I read you there is no stress over my mind. I have to go, i will come back if you allow
alok nandan

Alok Nandan said...

i come back.If fact You are wirting a small baby, it so easy to understand. I enjoy your poetry vey much.
alok nandan